Monday, July 28, 2008

Thinking about Second Life and History

Well, I could go on and on about my funny stories of Second Life bungles. However, I thought it might be more useful to any reader that comes along to read about how my perspective of SL turned from a place for fun and recreation to a powerful tool for learning and collaborating.

My first experiences to this power came from ISTE Island. I have met countless educators around the country and world that have enriched my RL and my teaching. Whenever I have a question or need to bounce ideas, ISTE island is the place to go. The contacts I have established there I couldn't have been made any other way.

But I must give other kudos as well. The Discover Educators Network, Edtech, Eduisland, and Teacher Networking Center, have also been incredibly valuable in my realization that Second Life is a collaboration extravaganza.

As, I worked with and collaborated some revolutionary ideas started coming to my mind that I will discuss in my next post.

Have a great day.

Spiff

No comments: